Our leading holiday sickness solicitors will look into your holiday sickness compensation claim case in detail, collecting relevant evidence against your tour operator. Our expert team will take all the significant information, which will be necessary while representing you against your tour operator and pursue your claim on a No Win No Fee basis.
Start your claim now for holiday sickness compensation, call our best solicitors for free today on 01772 25 22 22/01772 25 33 33.
Aspects of Holiday Sickness
The Package Travel Regulations 1992 covers those who have fallen ill on a holiday after purchasing a holiday package or an all-inclusive holiday from a UK tour operator. The regulations defines a "holiday package" as a pre-arranged combination of at least two of the following components when sold or offered for sale at an inclusive price and when the service covers a period of more than 24 hours or includes overnight:
- Travel e.g. flights
- Accommodation i.e. hotels
- Any other tourist services accounting for a significant proportion of the package
Common Causes of Holiday SicknessFood Poisoning is one of the greatest causes of holiday sickness. Many tourists suffer from it due to eating at restaurants which are not very efficient at managing food hygiene. Some of the main causes of food poisoning are as follows:
- Uncooked food
- Food prepared on unclean surfaces
- Food that is incorrectly handled or contaminated by food handlers
- Ice served in drinks using unsafe tap water
- Unsafe tap water being served
Other Causes of Holiday SicknessCauses of holiday sickness is not only confined to a restaurant, but you can also get infected by other means:
- Poorly maintained swimming pools i.e. inadequate levels of chlorine, poor personal hygiene of other tourists
- Lack of hygiene in hotel rooms i.e. dirty bed sheets, bed bugs, dust and insects in the room, bacteri...